Bamboo has been a symbol of good fortune in Asian cultures for thousands of years. An arrangement of Lucky Bamboo is said to bring luck and safety to its surroundings as part of improving Feng Shui. The number of Lucky Bamboo stalks sends a message as well. Three stalks attract happiness, five attract wealth, seven stalks result in good health, and twenty one stalks offer an all-purpose blessing.
Stalks of Lucky Bamboo make an excellent gift. Send an arrangement from a floral shop or an on-line store. Order individual stems to construct an arrangement yourself. Assemble a "kit" for those who would enjoy constructing their own. Be sure to include information about the significance of Lucky Bamboo and care instructions.
Lucky Bamboo Arrangement
stalks of Lucky Bamboo (contact your local florist or order on-line at www.luckybambooshop.com, toll-free 1-877-0860)
deco sand, polished stones, or marbles
1. Arrange a shallow layer of sand, stones, or marbles in bottom of planter.
2. Position stalks of bamboo and hold while adding more stones. Stalks can stand together or separate, depending on desired effect and stability of sand/stones.
3. Tie stalks together with raffia or ribbon for extra stability.
4. Add water until sand is covered or until it reaches the top rocks.
5. Maintain level by adding/replacing water twice a week, more in a very dry environment.