Spanakopita (Spinach and Feta Phyllo Triangles)
1 pkg. pre-washed fresh spinach leaves, cut into small strips
8 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
2 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. dried basil
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced (or ¼ tsp. garlic powder)
salt and pepper
1 pkg. frozen phyllo sheets, thawed according to package directions
½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl combine spinach, feta, parmesan, egg, basil, and garlic. Stir well. Add salt and pepper as desired.
3. Place two phyllo sheets on a large cutting board. (Cover remaining sheets with a damp towel.) Brush top sheet with melted butter.
4. Use a pizza wheel cutter to cut sheets into three long strips. Place a rounded tablespoonful of spinach mixture at the end of each strip. Fold each strip with spinach into a triangle shape, as if folding a flag.
5. Place triangles on parchment covered sheet, close together, but not touching. Brush tops with melted butter. Repeat from step 3 until spinach mixture has all been used.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 11-15 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving.